Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Getting through an ex's "I Do"....

This weekend, my ex-boyfriend is getting married. This is a first for me.

To add a little context to the situation, this was my first love and we were together for five years.

Since we have mutual friends, I've received multiple phone calls inquiring about my well-being, making sure that I'm not sitting up listening to sad music and crying. I've even been asked whether I was getting suicidal thoughts.

Or there are the friends that I have who insist that I keep myself busy this weekend so I won't think about it.

The funny thing is, while I have acknowledged it, I haven't really felt any particular way about it. I haven't had any tears or any emotional outbursts.

Maybe, by Saturday, I'll know how I really feel about it.

How did you deal with the fact that an ex was getting married? Was it even a major deal to you? What factors play a role in how it impacts you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When it's all said and done, things happen for a reason. Probably 98 percent of the time, you weren't truly meant to be with that person to begin with. I does kind of hurt especially if the person marries the next person after your relationship and not a lot of time has passed, but usually, in the end, you are better off.

Anonymous said...

We had agreed that if one of should get married, we would let the other one know. Well, in my case, my ex married the girl he was cheating with, so there you have it! They deserve each, but what goes around comes around. Now she is looking over her shoulder because, the way she got him will be the way she loses him! I am very happy not to be with him anymore.