Friday, August 1, 2008

What's your break-up "thing"?

OK, obviously from my recent blogs, you can tell that breaking up is on my mind and that is because many of the people I associate with are going through hard times right now.

Crying and moping are typically synonymous with breakups, but I've noticed, especially among my closest cohorts, that they engage in other behaviors during a breakup that seem to be routine uniquely for them.

I have one friend who cuts her hair after every breakup I've ever known her to go through. Another friend always tests out a new hair color. Yet, another one gains a newfound appreciation and obsession with the gym. Most recently, one of my friends started switching up her house decor. In my own randomness, I notice that I'm more willing than ever to travel and get away after a breakup.

Oftentimes, a break-up is a change that you cannot control. So I think it makes sense to seek change that you can control.

So what is the thing that you are prone to do when going through a breakup?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This I know for sure: when women are going through something they can't control (ie a breakup) they attack (positive or negative) their hair.

Wilmaryad said...

I tend to eat more when I'm going through a break-up. We're talking banana split with 4 bananas, huge ice cream balls, tons of chocolate, an avalanche of whipped cream and a handful of almonds on top.

A "repeat" option is very possible! lol