Friday, August 29, 2008

The name says it all

Since we're about to head into a Labor Day weekend, I figured that I would do a light-hearted blog on online dating nicknames.

Before we get into some of the interesting ones I have encountered, here's a little advice on selecting a good profile name.

Now on to some interesting ones I have encountered over my online dating history (I literally do save some of the more interesting ones for my amusement.)

Maconsbigmember: I don't know if this is a reference to the guy's size or if he is referencing body parts. Maybe he's "big" on being a "member" of many organizations. I don't know. Either way, something told me I didn't want to find out.

Babyboy1960: Ok, anyone who reads this blog knows I don't do older men. So when I saw a photo of someone who was obviously born in 1960 calling himself baby boy, I had to laugh. Not only that, he was dressed as thought the Warner Robins Police Department could charge him using that new sagging pants ordinance they passed.

CrazymanXX: I've actually seen several variations of and wonder if the guy was trying to attract PsychoChickXX. This profile name screams "back away from the computer screen." But hey, if you're willing to acknowledge it and accept it....

What's the craziest online dating profile name you've encountered? What effect does a dating profile name have on your chances of responding? What effort do you put into creating an online dating name, if any?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is ridiculously stupid.