Thursday, August 7, 2008

The tall and short of it

One of my friends is almost supermodel height, yet she is always pursued by men who measure average height or below. And she is always complaining that men taller than her rarely ever hit on her. In her eyes, all the tall men are being scooped up by the short women, leaving the short men for the tall women.

Yet, I have another friend who is about average height who opts to date men her height or shorter. If you ask her, that's just what she's always been attracted to.

Now, I'm what some would say is short. I almost did a dance the day they said five feet at the doctor's office. Yet, when it comes to men that I'm attracted to, I can honestly say that I prefer taller men. Because of my height, my perception of tall can be quite different from other women. However, I can honestly say the two times I have ever encountered guys close to my height that hit on me, I was not interested at all.

I don't know. It's something that I like about a guy being able to tower over me and scoop me up. I guess maybe that is what my friend wants too.

So to the short guys out there, do you have a thing for taller or shorter women? For the tall women, are you attracted to taller or shorter men and do you find it difficult to find dates?

2 comments:

Pria said...

I HATE when all the short girls steal all the tall men! I'm tall I want someone tall also...but what do you know I'm marrying a short guy! Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I don't get the napelon complex of the under 5'5 set. Please don't think lines likes "nice things come in small packages" are going to get a female who is 5'9 or better to fall madly in love with you. Well, it may work for some but not for this tall drink of water!