Friday, August 8, 2008

Cuddle me tender

Apparently this thing called a cuddle party is coming to Warner Robins at the end of August. What this exactly entails, I am not sure, but it appears that a cuddle party is just what it sounds like: a bunch of grown ups getting cozy in PJs.

From Cuddle Party's Web site:

"What a Cuddle Party is: A structured, safe workshop on boundaries, communication, intimacy and affection. A drug and alcohol-free way to meet fascinating people in a relaxing environment. A laboratory where you can experiment with what makes you feel safe and feel good.

This playful, fun workshop has been a place for people to rediscover non-sexual touch and affection, a space to reframe assumptions about men and women, and a great networking event to meet new friends, roommates, business partners and significant others."

The emphasis is mine. Tell me, is there really a way for a cuddle to be non-sexual? One of my co-workers says no way, or at least, no way it can be done in a non-romantic way. I sort of agree. I mean, if I found out my boyfriend was cuddling with someone other than me, I'd be pretty ticked off.

At the very least, this is something new for singles to check out in Middle Georgia. At the most, maybe you'll get a date out of it.

What's your take on the cuddle party? Is this something you would ever go to? Does this seem like a good or bad way to meet potential dates? Do you think a cuddle can be non-sexual/non-romantic?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it's a little creepy, to be honest.

Anonymous said...

Georgia
Warner Robins
Sunday, August 31, 2008
3:00-6:30 AM
Warner Robins / Macon
Party Type All-inclusive -- no wait list

Led by Becky Porter & Len Daley
Cost Love Offering/Donation
Notes: According to the Dalai Lama: "The main cause of depression is a lack of affection." If you or someone you know would like some wholesome affection, come share the Cuddle Party experience!
Register for this party here: Click here to register

Website: www.cuddleparty.com

Anonymous said...

No way... only among siblings, and close friends -up to a point. Things get dangerous this way, I tell you.