Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"I think I'll know if I'm pregnant before you will"

I have this friend who has been in a relationship for more than four years and every time she gets a nauseous stomach or goes through a mood swing, her boyfriend thinks she is pregnant.

And every time, she is not.

It used to be funny. But now, she says it has become an annoyance, especially with him coming home with emergency pregnancy tests on a regular basis.

She asks him if he secretly wants a baby. He says no. She asks him if he thinks that she is trying to trap him. He says no.

His response: I just get this feeling that you are pregnant.

Now she is irked at how he would act if she ever did become pregnant and she is sick of his intuition. She has even gone so far as to say don't ask me, I'll tell you.

How do you think a boyfriend should handle it when he thinks his girlfriend could be pregnant? Have you ever been in a situation where your significant other thought that you were with child even when you were completely not? How do you think you would react if your boyfriend kept after you about being pregnant?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The way the last three blogs were written, i guess im of the wrong sex to read this blog.

Oh well...

I'm still proud to be the home of the y chromosome!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how a guy could presume to think he knew I was pregnant, unless he knew my schedule!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and to Anon. -- Sorry for being girly lately. Thanks for reading. We still love male input!

Anonymous said...

he secretly wants a baby.