Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Would you move because of a bad dating scene?

I've heard time and time again (and not just from people on this blog) that's there are no acceptable people to date in Macon. Although I would disagree with that absolute (obviously there are perfectly acceptable, single people who read this blog), I will agree that because Macon is not a major metropolis, dating choices can be a bit limited.

After all, Macon has a population of just under 100,000 people, compared to Atlanta, which has a population of more than 400,000 -- more than four times that of Macon. Common sense tells you that more singles on the dating scene leads to more acceptable people to date and therefore more dates in general. Of course, on the flip side, you do have more competition.

So I wonder how much influence a city's dating scene has when singles are trying to find a place to live. I know I didn't even take Macon's dating scene into consideration when I moved here. Quite frankly, I felt very lucky just to get a job. But for those of you who have the freedom to change jobs or cities, do you consider the dating scene before you move somewhere?

Would you ever move to a place because of its dating scene or not move there because of its lack of one? Furthermore, would you ever move from a city, like Macon, to a larger city because of its dating scene?

What about just dating outside of Macon? Does anyone live and work here during the week but hit up the Atlanta scene on the weekends?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of moving to Atlanta b/c of that reason and the fact that a good bit of friends live up there. In my opinion (and I'm a guy, 28) the dating scene here is horrible. Plus all my friends are married and they suck now. Maybe it would be better if I was more attractive... hmmmm.