Friday, July 11, 2008

It's almost like you're invisible

Among my girlfriends, there's one girl who always attracts the most attention. She's tall and blond (of course) and has a smile that knocks guys' socks off. She's always getting drinks bought for her and hugging or flirting with some cutie. It's just enough attention to make some of the rest of us a little jealous.

After all, we can't all be super-outgoing and beautiful. Sometimes when we would go out, I just wanted to yell, "HELLO! I'M STANDING HERE, TOO!"

Of course, the easy answer is to say that I should just be more flirtatious myself. Men pay attention to women who give them attention. But that's a heck of a lot easier said than done when that's not naturally your personality.

So that usually means those of us who aren't always the center of attention get stuck with two options that I can think of: 1. Suck it up and be more outgoing or 2. Quietly mope in a corner until your friend wants to go somewhere else.

Do you have one friend who always attracts the most attention from someone of the opposite sex? How do you deal with it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind that not every guy likes the loudest and most outgoing girl. I would usually look around that girl to see if she has a friend who is more reserved.

Anonymous said...

Good point. I guess the quieter girls should look for the loud guy's quiet friends, too.

Unknown said...

Or maybe everyone should take some shots, chill out, and dance on a bar...that'll always get some attention ;-p