Thursday, July 5, 2007

Why you shouldn't wear a bra to a wedding and other ridiculous things

This year July 7 is shaping up to be a very popular wedding day, probably because of the ease of remembering the date (7/7/07). I'll be attending a wedding this weekend, as will a co-worker of mine. Desperate housewife Eva Longoria also is tying the knot Saturday. Although I can't recall off the top of my head anyone else getting hitched, as we often say in the newspaper business, three's a trend, so I'm going with it.

In the spirit of so many people tying the knot, The Canadian National Newspaper (which also cleverly noticed the trend), has come up with the top 10 mistakes single women make at a wedding, which the newspaper calls "the best possible high-quality singles event in the entire world!” (Yes, they added the exclamation point.) Although I disagree with the newspaper when it says the wedding is not really about the bride and groom and more about "you meeting men in a 'marriage' type of situation," it's still a fun list to read.

Here are my favorites, and check out the full article for the rest of the list.

3. You wear a bra. You don’t dress sexy. Why a mistake? Guys are sexual so you should be sexy to attract attention. Men love to look at and are attracted to nipples and jiggling breasts (also; it’s sexy). (Rose's Note: Nipples and jiggling breasts always fit in well at church and with relatives over the age of 50.)

6. You drink too much, get drunk, and start a striptease on the dance floor. Why a mistake? You don’t act with a sense of class and femininity. You attract plenty of men, but no Good Men. Good Men are attracted to classy and feminine women. (Rose's Note: I think I'm getting mixed signals. Nipples attract good men and display a sense of class, but stripteasing is wrong? Help!)

7. You eat like a pig at the reception (wrong animal). Why a mistake? Always eat like a bird (right animal) when you want men to notice you. (Rose's Note: Please. The best part about a wedding is the food (and an open bar). You paid $50 for a gift, so eat (and drink) your heart out.)

9. You drive your car to the wedding, instead of getting a ride. Why a mistake? You can’t accept a ride home with some hot-looking Good Man. (Rose's Note: Drunken sex with a man who likes you only for your nipples. Great idea.)

10. You get in an argument with your boyfriend who hasn’t proposed yet, asking him when he will be ready to commit. Why a mistake? You should have come alone to the wedding. Your boyfriend you think is the love of your life is not in love with you enough to marry you. (Rose's Note: First of all, you shouldn't argue with your boyfriend in public anyway. Second of all, if you leave your boyfriend at home to pick up single guys at a wedding, you should definitely break up now.)

What do you think about the "mistakes" single women make at weddings? Do you have any more? What are some mistakes single men make at weddings? Surely they're not perfect.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... I loved the "Drunken sex with a man who likes you only for your nipples. Great idea" part.
Weddings are a mistake always! I mean, one's own isn't. But other people's. You always end up doing something you didn't want -and in public!!- like the conga, eating a lot more than you should, talking to people you wouldn't talk to, and your feet! Gosh...

Anonymous said...

Wow. I've obviously been going to weddings for the wrong reasons!! I guess that's why I'm 26 and single (please note sarcasm)! This list did give me a good chuckle; I wish I had an upcoming wedding to attend so I could bare my nips, get "a bit" tipsy, and catch a ride home with a stranger!!

Anonymous said...

The bra tip is very true. Being a man, I can tell you that there is nothing more sexy than a woman who leans over and gives a little peek. BTW, Becky you can come to my house and bare your nips anytime!

Anonymous said...

Okay, coming from a well-endowed member of the population (I'm an F!!!). I don't think you want to see my nips without a bra at a wedding. It's just not a pretty sight.
As for mistakes that can be made at wedding, one major one is flirting with and giving your number out to too many men. Why? Because at least two of the guys always seem to be close friends.

Anonymous said...

Talking about flirting with too many people at the same time, and some of those people turning out to be close friends... I have this male friend who...
I think I should keep quiet :p