Thursday, July 12, 2007

Who wears the pants?

I was listening to the radio today, and the radio hosts were discussing a poll that had just come out talking about who made the decisions in the family. The poll was taken from married couples who were around the average age of 33, and had been married around seven years.

The radio hosts were SHOCKED...and I mean, shocked, that the result showed that women were more likely to make the decisions in the relationship than the man. Me, on the other hand? Not so much of a surprise. Sure, men have a say in the relationship and at most times, do feel like the ones in control, but it that always true?

In my relationship, it is hard to say, and really, it's kind of right down the middle with decision making. But I know more than a couple relationships when it is all the women's choice, all the time!

What do you think? Are women the decision makers? Or are the men in control?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think women are more in control, but we usually make the man think he is.

Anonymous said...

My fiance always says our relationship is 51-49, he makes 51% of the decisions and I make 49%. I just let him think this is true, but he knows who's boss.