Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What's your thing?

Every Friday night, my boyfriend cooks dinner for me at his apartment. It's such a special thing that despite it being early in the week, he told me today how excited he was about Friday and the dinner he was going to make.

"They're going to be super nachos, with chicken, browned beef, little chopped up jalapenos, habaneros, green peppers ... " he began listing.

Sometimes the food turns out very good (lime chicken, vegetables and roasted potatoes), sometimes it's a little off (pepper chicken with too much pepper) and sometimes it's just Hamburger Helper. But any way it's dished out, I know it was done with love.

One of my friends in college had a similar tradition with her now ex boyfriend. Since they met on a Thursday, they made it their night to always go out. She never relented or made plans with us on those nights, simply saying, "It's Thursday. It's me and (boyfriend)'s night."

When life gets busy, and you spent lots of time with work and other friends, it's good to have a time when you and your significant other know you have each other all to yourselves.

Do you have one special thing you do with your significant other? If so, what's your thing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My BF and I play video games together. We almost always stay up later than we had planned, but we have so much fun we don't want to turn it off and go to bed! He doesn't even pout if he loses :)