Monday, April 14, 2008

Who's the boss?

I have a confession to make.

I am a bossy person.

When I want something done, I want it done right. And most of the time, I think my way is the right way to do it.

While I think that it's positive that I recognize my bossiness, it's unfortunate that I often don't realize that I'm bossing people around until after I've already done it.

My boyfriend sometimes has to remind me that I am not the boss of him. Just this past weekend I told him I thought he should go through his closet and get rid of the clothes from 1996 that are out of style and don't fit him anymore. I think this is reasonable and is something I do with my own closet on a regular basis. (I mean, who really needs THAT many T-shirts?) However, I realize that I do have to remember that they are HIS clothes and not mine, so may be I should just shut up every now and then.

In relationships, I think it's pretty typical for one person to be bossier than the other. A relationship with two bossy people would never work out, mostly because each person would be too strong willed to give in to the demands of the other person.

Are you the bossy person in your relationship? If so, how do you keep it under control? Are you dating a bossy person? How do you deal with a bossy mate?

No comments: