Friday, April 25, 2008

Wearing you down

One of my favorite shows coming up as a child was "Family Matters", particularly when watching Steve Urkel pursue Laura unsuccessfully and endlessly for years. She had no interest in him whatsoever. She found him annoying and unattractive. Then, one day, he got her after years of determination.

When it comes to reality, it's definitely possible to not be romantically attracted to someone at all when you first meet them even though they think they are head over heels falling for you.

Now, if you're bold, you may tell them to get out of your face and that's the end of it. However, if you're not so bold or you have to be around them for some reason, they may continue with their persistence. This provides a chance for you to get to know them and that's where you may slip up and realize they are not as unattractive as you first thought. One day, you could find yourself liking them or, as is often the case, the second they stop pursuit, you begin to miss it.

Has somebody ever worn you down? How did they do it? Have you ever worn someone else down?

2 comments:

BeckiLG said...

I currently have a guy in my life who seems to want to wear me down. We had a short lived history together (um, 10 minutes?) and he can't let it be. I'm apparently perfect, the one, a keeper...you name the flattering compliment. To him, I'm IT.

To me, he's NOT. The persistance is irritating and pushy. It just won't happen. He's not IT for me, and won't be no matter how hard he tries.

Anonymous said...

its happened to me. this 1 guy who was so the opposite of my type (physically, anyway) eventually got me to consider the possibility of dating him because of his "personality". but alas my common sense kicked in & i put a halt to it