Monday, April 28, 2008

Simple and sweet

I attended my first wedding of the season this past weekend in Michigan. My cousin and his fiance wed at a cute little bed and breakfast out in the country, and the ceremony was quite lovely.

During the ceremony, the minister gave a recitation in addition to the usual wedding vows. He included a few simple phrases that all of us should remember to say, but probably too often forget:

I was wrong.
I'm sorry.
Will you forgive me?
I won't do it again.

The fourth phrase is probably the hardest, but if we can remember these words, our relationships will be for the better, the minister said. Remember, you have to mean the words when you say them.

Sometimes the simplest things are the easiest to forget. What are some other words of wisdom that many people too often forget?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.