Thursday, April 10, 2008

Say my name, say my name

I've been known to mix up a name at one time or another, whether I'm on the phone and talking to one friend and call them by another one's name or I could know two people's names that sound somewhat alike and mix them up all the time.

However, because I'm aware of this, I tend to get more conscientious when I'm dating someone to make sure I don't succumb to my common fault.

Yet, there are some out there who are not so lucky. Whether it was a slip-up over the phone or to one's face, I'm met and have been friends with people who called their current by their ex's name, or worse, by the name of the person they were cheating on them with.

In some cases, the person just blew it off after a simple explanation was provided. The less lucky ones There have even been some who joked about it.


Have you ever called a significant other by the wrong name? How did they react? Have you ever been called by the wrong name and how did you react?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the most painful example would be from "Friends": Ross calling Emily "Rachel" in the middle of their wedding vows.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I love "Friends"!