Thursday, March 27, 2008

How cowardly can you get?

Oh how I love technology. It has taken cowardice to a whole new level when you can't just tell someone you don't want to see them anymore.

Take this example. A friend of mine had been dating a guy for the past three months. They talked on the phone every day. It was great. Then, a couple of weeks ago, NOTHING. He didn't call her. She tried to call him, but he wouldn't pick up his phone.

But he did manage to reactivate his Facebook account and notify the whole Internet community that he had indeed returned to his ex-girlfriend. Of course, my friend was upset.

But then again, we are living in an era when you can request a divorce through a text message a la Britney Spears.

But cowardice is nothing new. I once had a guy stand me up for a date and completely disappear- and he lived on the same block as I did. He returned on the scene about two months later, but still.

So I pose the following questions to you: Has anyone you ever dated made such a cowardly move in telling you it was over? What did they do and how did you react?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This happened to me when I was a Junior in high school. The key word there is "high school."

Raven said...

Unfortunately, some people did not leave such tactics back in those days. The person I am talking about is in her mid-20s and so is the coward.