Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Providing the mistress

The holiday season is coming up and many well-meaning girlfriends and wives are pondering what to get their boyfriends and husbands, respectively.

We all know about boys and their toys whether it's electronics or power tools. Depending on the guy in your life, you could be looking at the various IPods or a chainsaw.

My friend recently purchased her boyfriend a video game for a special occasion. She gave it to him Saturday and haven't seen him since. She was concerned about his whereabouts until she realized he was in the back room of their apartment with the video game for hours on in.

And then I can recall my mother purchasing quite a few tools in the past for my dad. Whenever dad got a new tool, he became the neighborhood Mr. Fix-It because he didn't want to put it down. When the sun rose, he would be out and he would not return until long after the sun set.

The only issue is, at least in the beginning, the men can become a little obsessive and spend much more time away from you.

You have met "the other woman" and you handed her to him wrapped in a bow.

Have you ever purchased a present for your beau that affected the time put into your relationship? How did you deal with it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have thought the same thing! I know my boyfriend would love it if I got him a video game, but I'm afraid that if I give it to him, I will never see him! Very funny :)

Anonymous said...

The xbox thing :((((((((((((

Anonymous said...

The worst thing I ever did was buy an antique car. He spends all his time restoring it. When he's not restoring it, he's going to car shows, antique owner's meetings, looking for goodies to add to it, then re-restoring it....