Friday, October 12, 2007

Couples costumes

As Halloween and costume parties roll around, it's typical to see couples dressed in costumes that complement each other. Doctor and nurse, Fred and Wilma, and Cinderella and Prince Charming are only a few that probably will wander into a costume party at some point this year.

Cutesy as these costumes are, they are mostly unoriginal and don't take much thought to put together.

My friend and her boyfriend, though, have costumes planned that, I think, take the cake. She's going to be a cop (a sexy cop, of course), and he's going to be the University of Florida student who was tasered. The idea is original, timely and hilarious -- everything a great Halloween costume should be.

My boyfriend and I won't be dressing alike this year; he's actually coupling with a friend to be the Blues Brothers. In the past, the only couples costume I've done was with my sister when were kids: She was a box and I was a UPS delivery person.

Of course, there are some pretty bad couples costumes as well. Most anything that involves a man wearing tights is a no-no in my book.

What are some of the best couples costumes you've seen? What about the worst? What are some that you'd like to see? What is your costume this year? Do you think it's cheesy or cute when couples make their costumes match?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about all those other ideas you threw out there, but that plug and socket photo at the top of this post is hilarious. That's probably the best couple costume I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Some popular couple choices are the gangster and the flapper, the gambler and the saloon girl, Sonny and Cher, and Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler