Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Woo me, please!

After a year-and-a-half of dating, my boyfriend and I are solidly in the comfortable stage of our relationship. In some ways it's nice. We don't have to try to impress each other, so I can just lounge around in my PJs with no make-up on. We have a routine in which we take turns making dinners for each other of Hamburger Helper and various pastas (neither of us are great chefs).

But it's those same things that make the comfortable stage so great that also make the comfortable stage so ... boring. Most of our time alone revolves around renting movies at our apartment, which is fun, just not all the time. Plus, it's really hard to do the whole "pick me up for a date" shtick when we both get ready in the same apartment.

Over the weekend the BF, and I talked about this and agreed that we would make more of an effort to do date nights on a regular basis. Despite our mutual hatred of movie theater prices, we'll take time to go see movies that really spark our interest. I think we're going to head out to Starcadia one weekend for fun, too.

For my boyfriend, the comfort zone is the place to be, and he relishes in it. For me, and I think many other women, I still want to be wooed every now and then. Maybe some flowers would be nice, too.

Do you think men and women view the comfort zone differently? How can you keep a relationship fresh once you enter the comfort zone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh! Of course guys relish it...they get to be lazy!!

Anonymous said...

If you're living with someone and you have a lease together that it takes an act of god to get out of, but you dont have that pesky marriage vow to worry about half your stuff being taken away by your sig. other then really it goes back to the old saying...

Why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free!