Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tests are for STDs, classes and job placement, not relationships

I personally hate when anyone does something "just to see how you would react", particularly when it comes to relationships.

I've been told by many people that I don't quite wear my emotions on my sleeve, on my face or anywhere else for that matter. It's just not my personality.

So, I've actually known guys who (and yes, guys do this) try to make me jealous to show that I care. In some instances, particularly when I was younger, I would react accordingly just for a guy to say something like "glad to see you care". As I get older, I can usually see through it and try to ignore it.

And of course, this behavior is not limited to guys. I've known plenty of girls who have danced with other guys or have another guy call them while they're with their real object of affection to get a rise out of the person.

In the end, I know actions speak louder than words, but the mere act of testing me to get me to act doesn't make me think too highly of a person.

So what do you think about administering tests to determine how someone feels about you? Have you ever tested someone? Has anyone ever tested you?