Friday, May 23, 2008

You're too pretty for me to date

I have a friend who refuses to date pretty boys

Her reasoning is that when you date someone that attractive, you will always have to face a greater amount of competition from other girls who are trying to replace you.

Furthermore, she will argue that she doesn’t consider herself to be a pretty girl. So in the one instance where she did date a “pretty boy”, she often felt inferior around girls she felt were more attractive. And she was always concerned that he would cheat on her with one of them.

In my experience, I’ve been out with everything from guys that were deemed really attractive by most females and guys who simply weren’t. When it came right down to it, I can pretty much say they all had at least one other woman who wanted them.

So fearing that someone else will want them is not a good reason to rule someone out. However, if your self-esteem can’t take dating someone that you think everyone wants, maybe you shouldn’t date them.

Would you date someone who you deemed significantly more attractive than you? Have you ever dated you considered that attractive and how did it go?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If thats the case, my homely self should be having dates with beautiful women left and right in Macon.

Give me a break.. ::eyeroll::