Friday, May 30, 2008

Pregnant while dating

When it comes to dating, you should expect surprises here and there.

However, there are some surprises you can never be prepared for- like finding out the guy you’re dating has a child on the way.

I’ve actually known more than one person who has been in that situation throughout my life- whether it was something known from the beginning or it was something that the potential father learned while pursuing another relationship.

In cases where the guy decided to play an active role in the child’s life and the new girlfriend embraced it or moved on. I’ve also seen, sadly, situations where the guy decided to have nothing to do with the child and move on with his new relationship as if nothing happened.

I honestly don’t know what I would do because it’s so far from being a cut and dry situation. There so many factors at play such as how did he get into the situation and the way he handled himself.

Do you think that you could date a man who has a child on the way with another woman? Are there any guys out there who have ever been in the situation where they were preparing to become a father while dating other women? How do you handle such a situation?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that would be a deal breaker for me.

Anonymous said...

I don't want my date to take me to disneyland & I don't want to see kids at the club

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't date a guy who has children (unless its wentworth miller). And I would not want to be with a guy that has a child on the way and decides to basically ignore it and move with me. Because, obviously he's the one I want to spend time with. Someone who would leave his kid high and dry for some action. Thanks, but no thanks

BeckiLG said...

I have an ex who has a child. Given how in our past, most times we agree to hang out or catch up we end up rekindling, I have not seen him since the child was born (bar one time when he met me with a large group). He wants me to meet the baby...says I'd love her... That's a little to heavy for me to handle. Maybe once I grow up, but definitely not now!

Anonymous said...

whoah this weblog is fantastic i love studying your posts.
Keep up the great work! You know, a lot of persons
are searching round for this information, you can aid them greatly.



my web page :: novoline app gratis