Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Do you believe in fate?

One of the greatest romantic movies has got to be Serendipity, a story about a couple that meets and falls in love but separates, leaving their reunion up to fate. Basically, the idea is that if they're meant to be together, it will happen, whether they intervene or not.

But the fact of the matter is that after awhile, they start searching for each other, and it's the result of that action that draws them together again. So the question becomes whether fate pulled them both to start looking, or if they acted on their own free will, throwing fate out the window.

Sorry for getting cheesy on you, but I like to think that it's fate that led my boyfriend and I to one another. You see, we both used to live in Aurora, Colo., but just never met until moving to Macon, Ga. A little eerie, right?

Do you believe in fate? How much of a role do you think fate plays in your love life? If you see someone multiple times in several places, or a person unexpectedly keeps showing up in your life, is that a sign that maybe you were meant to be?

4 comments:

Brad said...

Me and my wife both believe in it, definitely. We both lived in the same town, went to the same grade school, middle school and high school and knew a lot of the same people, yet never met until I had moved away from town for a few years to go to uga.

And we only met because I was home on spring break because my plans for the week had gotten canceled at the last minute.

Anonymous said...

Timing is everything. That's a big part of serendipity. I probably wouldn't have even interested my husband if I met him in my early (stupid) days.

BeckiLG said...

I feel like you can find "fate" in almost any situation, but hey, who am I to knock it if it makes you happy?

Anonymous said...

Good point, Becki :)