Monday, December 10, 2007

How do you celebrate anniversaries?

Tomorrow my boyfriend and I will celebrate our one-year anniversary of being together. This is very exciting for me because I have never reached this milestone with anyone before.

So far, we really don't have any big plans. I thought I could cook something nice for dinner, and he came up with the idea of watching the movie we watched on our first date (A Life Less Ordinary). This is not only cute, but a good thing because I hardly remember anything about the movie because I was so nervous and distracted.

Of course, there is really no right or wrong way to celebrate a significant event or milestone. We could have just as easily made reservations at a nice restaurant but opted to stay in instead.

What are some ways you have celebrated anniversaries with your significant other? Do you prefer staying in or going out? Do you have any extremely touching moments to share? What about horror stories?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On our second anniversary since we started dating we ended up in quite a bad mood, both of us, because I had the nicest dress ever for dinner out and he forgot the camera to take a photo of me, so I was frustrated. It's true I never looked so amazing as that night. But we were young :)
Then as a married couple we never had such trivial problems darken our wedding anniversary day. Sometimes we don't celebrate that day because something gets in the way, you know, illness, work shifts. But we always always do a short trip or go on holidays during the month of our anniversary. And we always give each other gifts of some kind. It doesn't matter if it's just a cd or a new computer.