Friday, May 25, 2007

Your friend may be a victim of TMI

After the last blog I posted and a discussion with my friends about the "My friends know all about our sex life" comment, I felt the need to elaborate.

When it comes to that random rendezvous on Miami Beach during spring break, feel free to share. The chances of running into that person or even knowing who he or she is are slim, for you and your friends.

However, when it comes to sharing the intricate, intimate details of your bedroom with your significant other, I feel it's good to be limited for various reasons.

For one thing, there's probably a good chance your significant other and your friends will interact at some point. If your significant other has any shortcomings (especially if he's a guy), this can have a negative effect on these meetings. Your friend may be subjected to flashbacks of conversations involving such topic and may feel awkward. Firsthand experience has taught me that if alcohol is involved, the topic may even get blurted out at the most opportune time.

Secondly, if you speak too highly of your mate in that department, your single friends may experience a tinge of jealousy. Now, some single friends are nice enough to keep it to themselves. Others are more inclined to voice it or even gain firsthand knowledge of what you have been experiencing.

Finally, your mate may just plain hate it. They just be very private individuals.

Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't share. Everybody's situation is different and some things just lend themselves to a good story. I'm just saying do it with some discretion.

What do you think about sharing all the details of your sex life with your friends?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a persons sex life should be completly private. Sex is an intimate act between two people and those two people shouldn't broadcast intimate details.

Anonymous said...

I'll never tell.