Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Learn to keep some things to yourself

I've received several e-mails about this particular article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18661795/ . The gist of it is there are six thoughts that should never be shared in a relationship.

Number one is "you don't turn me on right now." Number two is "I flirt with others at work." Number three is "that's not how my mom or dad would have done it." Number four is "I can't stand your friends.' Number five, which is one of my personal favorites, "I still think about my ex." Finally, we have "my friends know all about our sex life."

Who would fixate their mouths to say such things and how can they possibly maintain successful relationships? Life is not like "Sex and the City," so number six is ridiculous. On number three, the last person most people you date want be compared to is your parent. Number four usually doesn't even have to be said because that is usually hard to hide. Whoever says number two or number five is just basically stupid. As for number one, I hope whoever says that has a significant other with a clever comeback.

I also have a few more to add, if I may. Here is Raven's list of things you shouldn't say to your significant other. One: I've slept with X amount of people. Two: I've had better. Three: I really wouldn't mind hooking up with your sibling/parent. Four: You looked a lot better when we first met.

What do you think of the article's list? Are there any other statements you would like to add to the list?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about, "What is that smell?"

Anonymous said...

I beg to differ about your friends knowing about your sex life. My friends and I definitely know a lot about eachother's sex lives. While it might not be the best idea to let your significant other know about this, I don't doubt that guys talk about things as much as my friends and i do.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think the degree to which your friends know about your sex life with your boyfriend is the real question here. Those conquests here and there, my friends know all about those. However, when it comes to someone I really care about, I don't talk all that much about it because the chances of my friends interacting with them is much greater. The statement says "all." If you tell some girlfriends all, they may want to try it.